Skip to content Skip to main navigation Skip to footer

Frank T. Simpson House

The house was built in 1913 by W. Foster Wright, a builder from Waterbury. It was purchased in 1952 by Dr. Frank T. and Marie A. Simpson. Simpson, an Alabama native, moved to Hartford in 1929. In 1944, he was made the first paid employee of the state’s civil rights commission, one of the nation’s first such organizations. Under his guidance, the commission highlighted inequities in educational and employment opportunities, and helped break down race barriers in these and other areas.


Click here to copy address to clipboard Address copied to clipboard